Ingredients for 12 canapés
- 4.5. oz of toasted rye bread
- 3.4 ounces reduced fat crème fraîche
- 3.4 ounces of light cream cheese
- The zest and juice of half lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped dill and 12 sprigs of dill
- A 4-ounce package Beyond Belief Gourmet Cambridge House® Private Reserve Smoked Salmon, “The Worlds Best Smoked Salmon” according to New York Times
Before preparing the recipe, thaw the salmon overnight in the refrigerator.
Make rounds from the toasted rye bread by using a 1.5 inch round cookie cutter.
Combine crème fraiche, cream cheese, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl and beat using an electric hand mixer until smooth. Mix in the chopped fresh herbs and a pinch of salt.
Place the mixture in a pipping bag fitted with a medium star nozzle. Pipe the mixture onto circles of toasted rye bread.
Roll up small slices of salmon into a rose shape. Place one on top of each canapé and garnish with lemon zest and dill.